Friday 16 October 2009

LIVE ART BLOG - FOR ART EVOLVED- 1. PRELIMINARY -CAMARASAURUS HEAD


It's 10 in the morning here in England and my first Live Art post for ART Evolved is my working sketches that I scribbled earlier this week. I generally read around the subject and gather info on the skull/skeleton which helps determine shape and contours. Habitat and dietary details all help with gaining an insight into colouring of skin, hair etc. and dental shaping. I've not made my mind up yet about colours so will be experimenting today. Will keep you updated.

I'm off now to stretch my paper- always a anxious affair... and work on the drawing ( Gonna grab some breakfast too ) Next post -coming sooooon.

4 comments:

  1. sweet!

    in as cliche a movie fashion as possible "so it begins..."

    just wish it wasn't midnight here down under, so i could keep tabs and offer live encouragement. so i offer it all now ;P

    first sketch is looking awesome though. interesting to see how you collect various components of the animal (skull, skin) before proceeding.

    can't wait to see how it progresses (sadly in 8-9 hours).

    one quick suggestion is add a label to this series so that we can link to it easier on ART Evolved.

    have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Traumador! This is a bit like undressing in public though - not that I've actually done that of course.

    Label...mmmm...now how do I do that. Will do just as soon as I switch my head into techno mode.

    Sleep well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I like this sketch a lot. Has that artist-in-the-field kind of a feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, for commenting, it seems to work if I have another tab open logged into my Google account. No problem.

    ReplyDelete